My Pinterest-Curated Meal Plan Week 1

Pinterest. Where to begin? I seriously haven’t met any mom/friend/teacher in the last two years or so who isn’t downright addicted to Pinterest. Pinterest is our happy place. Pinterest is us/We are Pinterest. You get it. I know you do. The thing about this wonder of a site is that it can either be a graveyard for good ideas or a springboard for action. I like the latter of the two. It’s pretty safe to say that 95% of what comes out of my mouth is I got that from Pinterest (the other 5% is drop it! directed at the dogs, obv).

Today I want to share my meal plan for this week curated from, you guessed it, Pinterest! Some weeks I mix it up and pull recipes from my cookbook shelf, food magazine tear-outs, and old standby no-recipe required dinners. But this week, I’m pulling all of my ideas for dinner from my Pinterest boards.

So are you ready for this? I actually enjoy meal planning (I also live for grocery shopping, too, but that’s a story for another day). I mean, how could you not? Scrolling through Pinterest and saving ideas along the way: everything salted caramel, low back exercises, and woodland for me.

I typically will pick 5-6 recipes and leave one or two days open for an unexpected dinner out. My number 1 trick for saving time and money is to pick several recipes that use the same ingredients or ingredients that can easily be swapped to use what I already have. The Pinterest Trap is picking too many new recipes that call for different ingredients; that is without a doubt a surefire way to overspend at the grocery store.

I almost always pick recipes from my favorite food blogs, ones that I trust so I know that the recipes will work. Most of the recipes I chose for this week use broccoli, asparagus, purple cabbage, and chicken. We also like to theme some nights because we’re cool like that. Alright, alright,  enough with the chitchat, it’s Dinnertime!

Meatless Monday: Garlic Oil Pasta & Broccoli

Taco Tuesday: Blackened Salmon with Mango Salsa and rice (served as tacos with slaw)

W: Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls

Th: BBQ Chicken Burgers with Slaw and sweet potato fries

F: One-Pan Lemon Chicken & Asparagus

S: Dinner Out!

Slow Cooker Sunday: Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with broccoli

So there you have it. What are your favorite Pinterest recipe finds? Do you regularly make recipes you find on Pinterest?

No time to Meal Plan?

I've got you covered. I created a Free Printable Meal Plan just for Because I Said So Baby Blog Subscribers. Featuring 30 Days of easy dinners (most of which are 30 minute meals), the list includes everything from family-friendly pasta dishes to simple tacos and of course - pizza night! And don't worry, each meal idea includes a link to a recipe. Enter your info below and I'll send your meal plan ASAP!

You have been successfully subscribed!

You Might Also Like

1 Comment

  • Reply
    My Pinterest-Curated Meal Plan Week 3 – Because I Said So Baby
    July 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM

    […] I mentioned in Week 1, I save time and money by picking recipes that use similar ingredients, or recipes where I can […]

  • Share your thoughts!