These healthy toddler breakfast ideas are perfect for busy mornings! You can make-ahead, freeze, and prep several of these recipes in advance. Each breakfast idea is packed with flavor and nutrition for your growing toddler!
When your toddler decides that they absolutely NEED to have eggs for breakfast every.single.morning, you start spending a lot of time thinking about new ways to make eggs. 🙂
And by thinking, I mean doing some field research on Pinterest.
Today I’ve rounded up some favorite healthy toddler breakfast ideas – all found on Pinterest.
So, about eggs.
My girls love eggs. But to serve them the same way every day can get a little boring. So today I’m sharing some fun & nutritious ways to make eggs for breakfast in NEW ways (plus some additional ideas!).
Making new breakfasts makes my life feel a little more exciting. But seriously. There’s something incredibly soul-satisfying about picking a new recipe, cooking from scratch, and tasting the results.
Now, don’t feel like you need to make everything in one week. And definitely don’t feel that you need to make eggs every day. I’m sure (hoping) like most things with kids, it’s just a phase.
Today we had oatmeal – a step in a different direction! Luckily, our toddler will pretty much eat anything, she just likes to have eggs in addition to whatever else she’s eating at breakfast.
*please note, the photos used in the Pinterest graphic belong to the websites credited below
8 Healthy Toddler Breakfast Ideas
1. Egg & Sausage Breakfast Taquitos from Tastes Better from Scratch (we like Applegate Farms Chicken Breakfast Sausage and Rudi’s Organic Spelt Tortillas)
2. 3 Cheese & Quinoa Egg Cups from Baby FoodE
3. Mini Waffle Maker Omelets from Because I Said So, Baby
4. Caulifower Egg Cups from My Kids Lick the Bowl
5. English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheese Cups from Number 2 Pencil (We like Rudi’s Organic English Muffins and Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon)
And for the days when your toddler finally tires of eggs…(it can happen, right??)…
- Coconut Mango Homemade Yogurt Melts or Spinach & Banana Yogurt Melts from Because I Said So, Baby
- Mini Baked Oatmeal Cups from Because I Said So, Baby
- Green Smoothie Pancakes from Healthy Little Foodies
In addition to whatever I’m making, I always serve my toddler’s breakfast with:
- fresh fruit (whatever’s in season)
- healthy fats: nut butter or avocado
- protein: eggs, breakfast sausage, nut butter, beans
Are we Pinterest friends? Follow my Toddler Snack & Meal Ideas board for more healthy meal ideas!