Inside: Looking for a new family tradition at home this Christmas? This Grinch Movie Breakfast is the perfect holiday tradition for kids! Learn how to make my easy Grinch pancakes plus more naturally green breakfast recipes for toddlers, preschoolers and little kids.
This year is all about the holidays at home.
That means more family time and more meaningful traditions.
Traditions are important for kids as this helps them feel a part of a family unit.
Besides giving them something to look forward to every year, celebrating with traditions allows children to feel connected to family on a deeper level.
So this year we established a new tradition.
The Grinch Movie Breakfast.
Do your little ones love watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? I don’t mean the new one, I’m talking the original animated Grinch! My girls insist on watching it every year.
This year I decided to try something new and incorporate a fun Grinch Pancake Breakfast into the movie-watching.
Now, I love the idea of a family holiday movie night, but my kids need an early bedtime. This holiday movie breakfast is the perfect compromise.
I hope that next year my girls request the “green pancakes with whipped cream” and that the tradition continues.
More Holiday Fun for Toddlers & Preschoolers:
- Best Gifts for Siblings to Share
- How to Make a Christmas Play-Dough Kit
- Helpful Holiday Resources for Moms
- How to Declutter Toys Before the Holidays
Grinch Movie Breakfast: A Holiday Tradition for Kids
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make the Grinch Pancakes:
- Green Pancakes (more on this below)
- Strawberries or Raspberries for the hat
- Whipped Cream (from a can, I found mine at Whole Foods)
- A banana
- Mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
How to Assemble a Grinch Pancake:
- Make green pancakes (you can even do this in advance) I used this recipe from Baby Foode
- Place a pancake on the plate
- Use strawberries to make a Santa hat
- Add whipped cream to finish the brim and tip of the hat
- Cut banana slices in half to resemble the Grinch’s eyes
- Add mini chocolate chips to the eyes and use the rest to make a Grinch-y smile
This would also make a really fun Christmas Morning tradition!
More Naturally Green Breakfast Ideas:
Here are some more fun “Grinch” breakfast ideas to include in your holiday movie breakfast tradition.