Yes, you read the title correctly. No typos here. That’s right, Galentine’s Day Party! It’s an actual thing. Galentine’s Day is totally a real holiday and a fun reason to celebrate with your best mom friends!
So what exactly is Galentine’s Day?
While Valentine’s Day is all about doing something special with your significant other, Galentine’s Day is celebrated on February 13th and reserved for you and your best girlfriends AKA Mom Friends.
This sacred holiday was created by my idol and spirit animal, Leslie Knope, from Parks & Recreation (yes, a fictional character, but hey, still a real holiday!).
This is the perfect excuse for mom’s everywhere to take the day off from chasing their toddlers and spend the day drinking sparkling wine and eating chocolate-covered everything.
In all honesty, when it comes to “taking a break” from child-rearing I am kind of the worst. As a full-time mom, I have a hard time separating from my kids since I am with them all the time. And as much as I am exhausted from seeing the term self-care everywhere these days, I do believe that dedicating a day to simply celebrate with your mom friends is the ultimate form of self-care.
Related: Easy Valentine’s Day Activities for Toddlers
How do I throw a Galentine’s Day Party?
So glad you asked!
My best friend and I celebrate with brunch, either homemade or at a cute cafe!
- Similar to a Pinterest Party, you’ll want to set up an e-vite (such as a Facebook event) so everyone can discuss what they will bring.
- Decide in advance if the host will provide supplies for the craft, or if everyone will bring their own materials.
- On the event page, ask guests to “sign up” for what dish they will bring, potluck-style. For this occasion, the more chocolate, the better.
- Create a Pinterest board that everyone can save ideas to for inspiration.
And don’t worry, you know I’ve got you covered in the food + craft department.
Follow my Valentine’s Day is for Lovers board on Pinterest for more inspiration and sweet ideas for your Galentine’s Day celebration.
Now that you have a good idea of how to get your Galentine’s Day rolling, let’s check out some yummy sweet treats and super cute craft ideas for your G-Day Party.
Sweets & Treats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Valentine Hearts from OMG Chocolate Desserts
- Croissant French Toast from The Pioneer Woman
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Skinnytaste
- Heart-Shaped Fruit Kabobs from Style Me Pretty
Fun Drink Ideas
- Melting Heart Cocktails from Style Me Pretty
- Strawberry Nutella Milkshake from Two Peas & Their Pod
- Cherry Fizz Cocktails from Style Me Pretty
- Valentine’s Day Votive Candle Holder from This Grandma is Fun
- Hugs & Kisses Mason Jar Gift from The Happier Homemaker
- DIY Valentine Heart Crowns from Cutting Tiny Bites
- 50 Ideas for Making Your Own Valentines from Design FinchP