Inside: Get your Free Printable Back-to-School Grocery Shopping List! Plus meal planning tips and ideas for getting organized for back to school season.
Whether your toddler is starting daycare for the first time or you’re sending your oldest off to Kindergarten this year, this printable school grocery shopping list will be a real life-saver for you as we gear up for another busy school year.
Rather than writing up a new list every time you go shopping, or worse, trying to remember that thing you bought last time that your 4 year old really liked (but now you can’t remember), I’ve put everything all in one place for you – with room to write in your own personal favorites.
What is a master grocery list?
A “master” grocery list is essentially a list of your tried-and-true “all the time” groceries. These are the items you buy every time at the store.
Often in the summer or around the holidays my grocery list changes, but when it comes to shopping for school lunches and easy weeknight dinners, I turn to the same items to keep things simple and the mental load light.
School Lunch Shopping List
This printable was created with packing lunches in mind. I’ve included a mega list of favorite snacks for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary school kids, plus items that will help you fill up your child’s lunchbox.
Grocery List for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
To make things even easier for you, I’ve also included grocery items for quick weekday breakfasts and dinners, in addition to the grocery items needed for lunches.
More Back-to-School Resources:
- Stress-Free Preschool Morning Routine
- 30 Minute Back to School Dinner Ideas
- Easy Preschool Lunchbox Ideas
- Preschool At Home Daily Routine
Sample Weekly Meal Plan for School Lunch
Need some help coming up with ideas for what to pack your toddler for lunch? Here are some simple ideas based off of our back-to-school grocery shopping list:
PB&J, cucumbers + hummus, blueberries, Cheddar Bunnies, Made Good Cookies
Turkey & Cheese sandwich, pretzels + hummus, apple slices, mini Larabar, goldfish
Black Bean & Cheese Quesadillas, cucumbers, blackberries, pretzels + hummus, mini Larabar
Annie’s Mac & Cheese + peas, raspberries, blueberries, veggie straws, Enjoy Life chocolate chip cookies
Refried Bean & Cheese Roll-ups, applesauce, Made Good cookies, pretzels + hummus
Here’s the weekly meal plan based off the school lunch shopping list:
- Monday: PB&J, cucumbers + hummus, blueberries, Cheddar Bunnies, Made Good Cookies
- Tuesday: Turkey & Cheese sandwich, pretzels + hummus, apple slices, mini Larabar, goldfish
- Wednesday: Black Bean & Cheese Quesadillas, cucumbers, blackberries, pretzels + hummus, mini Larabar
- Thursday: Annie’s Mac & Cheese + peas, raspberries, blueberries, veggie straws, Enjoy Life chocolate chip cookies
- Friday: Refried Bean & Cheese Roll-ups, applesauce, Made Good cookies, pretzels + hummus
You can shop all of my lunchbox favorites (including the ones pictured here) in my Amazon Storefront.
Download your Free Printable Back-to-School Grocery Shopping List
No need to subscribe or anything fancy, just click to download right to your device. I also added in a handy weekly meal planner that you can print out as many times as needed!
What to Read Next:
- 40+ Preschool Snack Ideas
- Healthy School Lunch Ideas for Picky Eaters
- Ultimate Guide to Toddler Lunchboxes