Real Food! Isn’t that just the best buzz word of the last 10 years?
After low-fat and high-protein and no-sugar and what-have-you we’re finally getting back to a simple message: REAL FOOD.
It’s easy to understand and best of all, its meaning (in theory) can’t really get misconstrued. For example, you’d hopefully never find yourself or a friend asking: “Do these Doritos count as real food snacks?” 🙂 The message is just clear, you know?
So I get that the term Real Food sounds like something that takes hours and requires 18 different trips to Whole Paycheck, but it really can be very simple, and even – GASP – store-bought!
And the best part about these real food snacks (besides being ready-made) is that they work for toddlers AND parents. As I shared in How to Get Started With Baby-Led Weaning, Eric and I are firm believers in the “baby eats what we eat” motto and we live by that probably 99% of the time.
Now, if you’re anything like me then your diaper bag probably consists of 50% random things and 50% snacks. I never leave the house without at least 3 of the real food snacks listed below, sometimes more depending on how long we’ll be out. If you leave the house prepared, you’ll be less likely to spend money on unhealthy food when you inevitably realize you are starving.
More Toddler Food Ideas:
- What I Fed My Toddler This Week
- Easy Toddler Lunchbox Ideas
- 2 Year Old (Super Quick) Breakfasts
- Sample Toddler Feeding Schedule
10 Favorite Store-Bought Real Food Snacks for Toddlers (And Adults)
- LaraBars (we like Peanut Butter Cookie & Apple Pie)
- Organic Valley Cheese Sticks
- GoGo Squeez Applesauce
- Mary’s Gone Crackers or Simple Mills Crackers
- Sabra Hummus Individual Packs
- Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Yogurt Cups or Pouches
- Easy Peel Mandarin Oranges (sometimes called Halos or Cuties)
- Justin’s Individual Almond Butter Packets
- That’s It Fruit Bar (we like Mango & Apple)
For more real food inspiration follow my snack board on Pinterest!