Inside: Whether you choose to homeschool or send your child in-person, we’ve got you covered with these back-to-school resources: simple morning routines, lunchbox ideas (at home or at school), and fun homeschool schedules and activities.
Did you ever imagine that back-to-school season could be so stressful?
Sending your little one off to school for the first time is a lot.
Then there’s all the supplies & gear you need and now you have organize all that new stuff.
But not to worry, today I’m going to share with you my favorite resources for getting organized before the new school year begins.
Where to get started…
- Follow me on Instagram —-> I’m always sharing toddler lunchbox ideas, preschool activities & home organization with little ones.
- Follow my Back-to-School Prep board on Pinterest —-> This board is organized into many sections, including: morning routines, make-ahead breakfasts, first day of school tips, lunchbox ideas, etc.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our full disclosure policy, here.
Back-to-School Resources (Homeschool & In-Person)
Morning Routines & Daily Routines
Whether you’re rushing out the door, or starting at your own pace, you’ve got to have a daily routine.
Having a daily routine in place doesn’t mean that everything goes perfectly every time or that your toddler won’t have a meltdown, it just means you have a plan.
Think of your routine like your road map or game plan for the day. It’s how you get from Point A to Point B.
Not sure where to start?
Here are some helpful resources to create a daily routine that works for your family:
- Getting Your Toddler to Preschool on Time (5 Helpful Tips)
- 3 Year Old Morning Routine for (too) Early Risers
- Preschool at Home Daily Routine & Structure
- Daily Routine with a Toddler & Pre-K Child
- My 4 Year Old’s Daily Routine (with half-day Pre-K)
We love these Morning Routine Picture Cards from The Military Wife & Mom. I couldn’t imagine busy mornings without these visual aids for my kids!
Learning Activities & Homeschool Resources
Whether your child will be in school full-time, part-time or doing homeschool, I have a roundup of helpful back-to-school resources for you below. While older children are doing homeschool work, you’ll need ways to keep your little one busy so I’ve shared some toddler activity ideas as well.
Here are some simple ideas you can do at home with toddlers & preschoolers:
- The Preschool Playbook (weekly themed units)
- Daily Activities to do with a 1 Year Old
- Hands-On Sensory Activities for 4 Year Olds
- Click the “Activities” highlight on my IG profile
- Morning Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
Packed Lunchbox Ideas & Lunch at Home
Whether you need make-ahead lunchbox ideas you can have ready the night before, or you need quick lunches you can throw together while at home – I’ve got you covered on both fronts.
- Easy Preschool Lunchbox Ideas (Bento Box & Warm Lunch)
- Ultimate Toddler Lunchbox Guide
- Healthy Toddler Lunch Ideas
- 1 Year Old Lunchbox Ideas for Daycare & Preschool
- Lunchbox Ideas for Picky Kindergarteners
- 40+ Favorite Preschool Snack Ideas
- Best Preschool Lunchbox Gear
Back-to-School Meal Planning
I don’t always meal plan during the summer or on breaks, but during the school year? My meal plan is probably the only thing that keeps me sane. That, and lots of Starbucks breaks 🙂
Before heading into a new school week, I like to have different prepped foods (in the fridge & freezer) & a dinner meal plan, plus a rough idea of breakfasts and lunches.
Here are some meal planning resources to help get you organized:
- Ultimate Meal Planning Printables Bundle
- Easy Back-to-School Dinner Ideas
- 3 Life-Changing Meal Planning Hacks
- Printable Meal Planning Cheat Sheet
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas (Freezer-Friendly)
Before starting any new chapter, it’s important to get yourself and your home organized. Personally, I like to declutter, get all the summer stuff put away and set up systems around my home to make our daily lives easier.
- Genius Organization Tips for Back-to-School
- My Simple Homeschool Room Setup
- Home Management Systems Every Mom Needs
- 7 Ways to Make Being a Stay at Home Mom Easier