Inside: Whether you choose to homeschool or send your child in-person, we’ve got you covered with these back-to-school resources: simple morning routines, lunchbox ideas (at home or at school), and fun homeschool schedules and activities.
Did you ever imagine that back-to-school season could be so stressful?
On top of all of our usual worries, now we also have to decide whether to send our kids to school or homeschool them (during a global pandemic, no less).
To say being a parent in 2020 has been stressful would be a huge understatement.
Whatever your choice, I’m not here to judge, just simply to offer solutions and helpful back-to-school resources.
Where to get started…
- Follow me on Instagram —-> I’m always sharing toddler lunchbox ideas, preschool activities & home organization with little ones.
- Follow my Back-to-School Prep board on Pinterest —-> This board is organized into many sections, including: morning routines, make-ahead breakfasts, first day of school tips, lunchbox ideas, etc.
Back-to-School Resources (Homeschool & In-Person)
Morning Routines & Daily Routines
Whether you’re rushing out the door, or starting at your own pace, you’ve got to have a daily routine.
Having a daily routine in place doesn’t mean that everything goes perfectly every time or that your toddler won’t have a meltdown, it just means you have a plan.
Think of your routine like your road map or game plan for the day. It’s how you get from Point A to Point B. Not sure where to start?
Here are some helpful resources to create a daily routine that works for your family:
- Getting Your Toddler to Preschool on Time (5 Helpful Tips)
- 3 Year Old Morning Routine for (too) Early Risers
- Preschool at Home Daily Routine & Structure
- Daily Routine with a Toddler & Pre-K Child
We love these Morning Routine Picture Cards from The Military Wife & Mom. I couldn’t imagine busy mornings without these visual aids for my kids!
Learning Activities & Homeschool Resources
This year, many of us may be forced into the position of Mom & Teacher. While older children may have a virtual curriculum to follow from their school district, you may still be looking for ideas to keep your little one busy – especially if you have older children at home!
Here are some simple ideas you can do at home with toddlers & preschoolers:
- Daily Activities to do with a 1 Year Old
- Hands-On Sensory Activities for 4 Year Olds
- Montessori at Home with a Toddler
- Click the “Activities” highlight on my IG profile
- Morning Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
Packed Lunchbox Ideas & Lunch at Home
Whether you need make-ahead lunchbox ideas you can have ready the night before, or you need quick lunches you can throw together while at home – I’ve got you covered on both fronts.
- Easy Preschool Lunchbox Ideas (Bento Box & Warm Lunch)
- Ultimate Preschool Lunchbox Planning Kit
- Healthy Toddler Lunch Ideas
- 2 Year Old Meal Ideas & Feeding Schedule
- What I Fed My Kids This Week
- Real Food Snacks (On-the-Go)
Back-to-School Meal Planning
I don’t always meal plan during the summer or on breaks, but during the school year? My meal plan is probably the only thing that keeps me sane. That, and lots of Starbucks breaks 🙂
This school year may not be as busy as year’s past since many after-school activities are still up in the air, but I plan to be prepared with my meal prepped foods & dinner meal plan.
Here are some meal planning resources to help get you organized:
- Ultimate Meal Planning Printables Bundle
- Easy Back-to-School Dinner Ideas
- 3 Life-Changing Meal Planning Hacks
- Printable Meal Planning Cheat Sheet
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas (Freezer-Friendly)