Inside: This is hands-down one of my kids’ favorites meals. These 3 ingredient baked taquitos are quick to make, budget and freezer-friendly, plus they pack up great for lunchboxes the next day!
I promise to keep this recipe post short & sweet, as there’s not much to say about these taquitos except that they’re a dinnertime favorite in our house.
- I recently shared a post on my Go-To Weeknight Dinner Ideas, and you better believe these 3 ingredient taquitos were on the top of the list!
- These are on the meal plan at least once a week, and I also like to make extra and freeze them (which I’ll show you how to do below).
- Everytime I share “the taquitos” on Instagram, people always want the step-by-step recipe, so it’s totally overdue that the taquitos finally have a home on the blog 🙂
I won’t pretend that these are traditional taquitos by any means. They’re baked and not fried and not as thin as a traditional taquito, however, they’re still delicious and fit the bill for an easy weeknight family dinner.
Before we get into the easy “recipe” – Hi! I’m Marla. I’m a SAHM to 3 little girls + a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I teach a course called the Ultimate Stay at Home Mom Course that will help you take your stay at home mom life from “I don’t know what I’m doing” to “I’ve totally got this.”
There’s an entire module dedicated to Feeding Your Family where we cover everything from meal planning to daily feeding schedules, packing lunches and everything in between.
Once enrolled you can request to join our private Facebook group where you can ask questions, participate in challenges and learn from other like-minded moms.
Would love to see you inside the course!
Quick Weeknight Dinner Idea
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s not really a recipe. It’s more like a step-by-step formula.
Here’s what you need to make 3 ingredient taquitos:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Refried beans (my fav brand is Amy’s or the Trader Joe’s brand)
That’s it! Well, plus oil for spraying the tops, but I don’t think that counts! 😉
- Large sheet pan
- Foil for lining sheet pan
You can easily change up the recipe by adding shredded chicken, cream cheese, black bean refried beans, or different types of cheeses.
- Personally I would not make these with corn tortillas, as they fall apart too easily. I like to buy Organic flour tortillas in bulk from Costco, however any flour tortilla will do.
- I’ve also made these with Mission soft flour tortillas, which work really well, but are a little thicker than other varieties.
- Air Fryer instructions are below.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our full disclosure policy, here.
Easy Cheesy 3 Ingredient Baked Taquitos
I’ve been making these taquitos for my girls for years and I’m so happy to share this quick weeknight dinner win with you. Can’t wait to see you making these in your home!
Tag me on IG @becauseisaidsobaby when you try them!
Here’s how to make oven baked taquitos for kids:
- Line a sheet pan with foil & spray with oil (I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray from Costco)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place flour tortillas on a work surface and spread with refried beans
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the beans
- Tightly roll up and place seam side down on the baking sheet
- Spray tops with oil
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes or until slightly golden
My big girls like to eat these cut in half, however, for a toddler I would cut into tiny pinwheels, as seen below.
How to Make Air Fryer Taquitos
I have made these in my air fryer before, however, they require a little more babysitting as they go from being done to burned very quickly.
For the air fryer:
- Spray the basket with nonstick spray or line with air fryer parchment paper
- Follow the steps above for making the taquitos
- Cook at a lower temperature than you would in the oven. I would try 375 F – any higher and the ends will burn.
- Air fry for about 5-7 minutes. All air fryers cook differently, so test it out and keep an eye on them!
How to Freeze Oven Baked Taquitos:
- Allow taquitos to cool
- Line a small sheet pan (or a plate) with parchment paper
- Line up the taquitos on the sheet pan and place in the freeze
- Freeze until set (each one will be individually frozen)
- Store in a zip-top freezer bag
To reheat from frozen…
- Defrost overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the toaster or in the oven on 375 F for about 7-10 minutes
- Quickly defrost in the microwave for about a minute and then crisp up in the toaster or the oven on 375 F about 5 minutes
Note: the reason for freezing them on the parchment paper first is so that each taquito is individually frozen and that way they won’t stick together when you throw them in the freezer storage bag.
If you don’t have the space for a sheet pan or plate in your freezer, you can individually wrap each taquito in plastic wrap or foil and then store in a freezer bag.
More Quick Toddler Recipes:
These ideas are all make-ahead and freezer-friendly!
- Easy Cheesy 4 Ingredient Broccoli Bites
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Yogurt Melts
- 4 Ingredient Mini Waffle Omelets
- Mini Banana Oat Cups